District Mission Statement: Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools will provide every student with the foundation of knowledge, skills, and character necessary to excel in higher education, work and life.
Gra-Mar Mission Statement: The mission of Gra-Mar Middle Prep is to ensure a positive learning environment for student SUCCESS!
Gra-Mar Shared Vision: The vision of Gra-Mar Middle School is to encourage a community where learning and teaching are exciting and students are performing at or above grade level in all academic areas.
Our Commitment: Being Prepared, Responsive, Innovative, Dedicated, and Engaged in ensuring that all students are successful.
5 Characteristics of an 8th grader: 1) Ready for High School, 2) Score at least a 16 on the EXPLORE, 3) Technology Proficient, 4) Completion of Service Learning, 5) Participate in at least one extra- curricular activity.
“WE ARE ON A QUEST FOR CONTINUED SUCCESS”
Gra-Mar is now part of PlanetK8. This online resource will provide parents, students, teachers, and the community with the following benefits:
- Email and Text Notifications for YOUR important items!
- Sharing of Photos, Videos, and Documents under school control!
- Live Video Streaming of events and activities and other happenings!
- Real Time Calendars, both school-wide and personalized to YOUR needs!
- Surveys, Polls, Contests, and Elections for the entire school as well as clubs, classes, and teams!
- And much, much more.
To Sign up for PlanetK8 today:
- Go to www.PlanetK8.com
- Select either "Student", "Teacher", "Parent", or "Fan" to sign up for PlanetK8*
- Enter your personal information, email address, and create your own password.
- Type "GraMar" to be directed to our PlanetK8 world
- Click on the "Clubs and Teams" tab on the menu bar at the top of the page
- Choose the clubs, classes, and teams that you wish to folow as either a Member or a Fan. By following, you will receive text messages, email, and a personalized calendar about the activities that are important to you.
*Teachers and staff are already signed up using their MNPS email address. You can contact Theresa Wagner for the initial password (can be changed once you have logged in).
The Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools (MNPS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, color, age, and/or disability in admission to, access to, or operation of its programs, services, or activities. MNPS does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. Contact MNPS ADA Coordinator at 259-8531.
MNPS maintains an official complaint procedure that complies with the standards set aside by Federal Programs under No Child Left Behind. Complaints regarding Public School Choice and Supplemental Educational Services (SES) are covered under this procedure. It can be found by clicking on Complaint Process.
Click on the links provided for more detailed information. <Complaint Process.>